Wednesday, May 02, 2012

My Reaction To Being Published In The Guardian

In case you've somehow managed to avoid my relentless spamming and self-promotion through three different social networks (four if you count GoodLooksBook, the social network reserved exclusively for extremely good-looking people*. Though its membership is small. But ridiculously beautiful --Editor) an article I wrote was published in the online version of The Guardian, the UK national newspaper. I first learnt when I noticed that quite a few visitors were arriving from my Guardian profile page. At first I was happy as a London tube driver on strike.

Then I realised. People who read The Guardian are coming.

Here. To my blog.


My first Facebook status update when I learnt was
ohgodohgodohgod people who visit my blog from the Guardian article are intelligent, aren't they? They're going to expect incisive political commentary on the state of the NHS, aren't they? Instead they're going to get a meme about fucking Justin Bieber. Hoo boy.
 Yep. The intelligent sorts that inhabit the Guardian's comment sections are probably even now throwing up/going into mass hysteria/calling my parents and scolding them for daring to bring such an abomination into the world. But wait! I swear it's not all poop jokes and memes here! I do honest intellectual posts sometimes** too! And I promise a few more will be coming soon.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your stay. And if you don't, I find paracetamol usually helps.

*If you actually believed such a site existed and clicked on the link, please email me. I have a lovely discount on the Brooklyn Bridge. No really. Oh, I'm also secretly Barack Obama. Why else do you think my blog updates are so slow?
**The definition of "sometimes" is subjective and may differ from person to perso-- ah fuck it, I LIKE POOP JOKES AND MEMES, OKAY. LEAVE ME ALONE.

If you like what you see, please consider liking my Facebook page. Oh come on, you like Facebook pages with nothing but hot chicks posting "OH I'M SO BORED" on their statuses. You can like mine too. I'll make goo-goo eyes at you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm, from my knowledge the guardian is a leftwing newspaper? most of their articles that i saw people reading on facebook are quite...erm...questionable.. so..erm no worries about 'intelligent people' from the guardian reading your article? ah well, i dont know much though.

dr wannabe said...

ROFL @ comment above - he has a point. bet he reads The Telegraph though, which isn't much better.

The Angry Medic said...

Astute Anonymous: HAHA that actually made me laugh. And feel better. I'm gonna refrain from insulting Guardian readers on my blog because, uh, I don't wanna die, but yes they are a leftwing paper.

But the articles read on Facebook app must be skewed somewhat...all the articles my friends read are also weird. What's that you say? I just have weird friends? Oh, SHADDA-- actually you're right.

The Angry Medic said...

Dr Wannabe: You support Labour! A lot of us medics protest-voted against Labour at the last election though, because of the Patricia Hewitt fiasco(s), the PCT fiascos etc. But what the Tories are doing to the NHS now...it's just depressing.

Glen Parry said...

Loved reading this, thank you