Saturday, January 28, 2012

What I Did Right After Getting Finals Results

The email I sent immediately after getting results. Okay so my exam co-ordinator's name isn't really Awesomesauce, but she is AWESOME. SAUCE. 
I've taken a lot of crap from some of Imperial's admin departments, but she's God's gift to administrative services. (And speedy email replies -  these two emails were like 45 seconds apart. Which begs the question - how in God's name does she type so fast?)

In my last post I mentioned that what I did right after getting my results was send an email to my university asking for confirmation that these were really exam results and they weren't playing a massive April Fool's joke on me as revenge for all the times I fell asleep in lectures. You guys thought I was joking, right? I wasn't. Here's the proof. These images are a little doctored* to protect anonymity, but they are original, complete with crappy Imperial College email client background.

Seriously. I couldn't believe it. I thought they were trolling me one last time. Only after getting that second email did I finally start to celebrate (and by "celebrate" I may or may not mean lying on the ground in a fetal position crying my eyes out screaming "IT'S FINALLYYY OVERRRR". Cough. These are emotional moments, okay?! --Editor).

*AHAHA seewhatIdidthere? "Doctored", cos this was the email that told me I'd become a doctor, geddit geddit? Yes? No? Hello? Hi mom!

7 comments:

Shrinked Immaculate said...

Long live the empire and the imperial guard

dr wannabe said...

really? is it that bad? i think i wouldnt believe it if i passed my exams too lol

The Angry Medic said...

Shrinked Immaculate: Damn straight! Us Star Wars fans need to unite. Oh wait, were you talking about my university? Cos yeah, long life to them, but I don't think they'd return the wish to me... *cough*

Dr Wannabe: Oh yes. It was pretty bad. I'm saving my exam stations themselves, and why they were so bad, for another blog post, but there were irregularities in the exam that made it unfair. Luckily the examiners were nice. I'm just glad it's over.

Anonymous said...

hmm... this Erika person adresses you as 'Dr' Angry Medic. How quaint...

The Angry Medic said...

Grammar Nazi Anonymous: It's uh, it's my awesome photoshopping skills. Yeah. Cough.

Anonymous said...

ohhh, grammar Nazi am I? hehe. Yeah, I wish I could believe your photoshopping skills were good enough for you to manage that (sorry, couldn't resist). Sorry I am commenting on posts from ages ago, I need something to distract me from my pitiful existence.
Regards,
Prick

Anonymous said...

Wow.. congrats!