Saturday, December 30, 2006

We Interrupt Our Scheduled Programming To Bring You This Earthquake (With Bonus HospitalPhoenix Sighting!)

If anyone's wondering why I haven't been updating in so long (and is still naive enough to believe that the reason is anything other than because I'm the laziest med student on the planet --Editor) it's because this happened. Whilst Malaysia's Internet connectivity wasn't as seriously affected by the earthquake as some of her neighbours, things are still sluggish in some parts of the country, and even uploading this post is going to take several hours of me mind-numbingly pressing the 'Publish' button repeatedly. Excuse me whilst I go get a new novel.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to ask all of you, in your own way, to pray for me, because tomorrow I fly back to England, also on Cathay Pacific. And we all know what happened the last time I did something so stupid.

On another note, I'm happy to report a HospitalPhoenix sighting! I was over at NHS Blog Doctor today when I saw everyone's favourite Phoenix had also dropped by:

Note also that the good doctor was kind
enough to include me in last week's BritMeds.

I hope this means he's alive and well.

Happy New Year 2007, folks!

11 comments:

Phoenix said...

Yep, I'm alive and well. I can even leave comments. Sorry for not getting in touch sooner.

Have a safe journey

Anonymous said...

Think you meant text book, Angry. Med students don't have time for new novels.

Hoping you have a safe flight anyway. Happy New Year!

Rgrds,
Elle.

Anonymous said...

great blog here, some nice links

The Angry Medic said...

HP: Welcome back, old pal. Took you long enough :) now everybody's adrenaline level can go back to normal. Glad to know you're doing okay.

Elle: Oh dang, you got me there. *throws Terry Pratchett novel out the window and drags out Gray's Anatomy instead* :)

Mo: Why thanks. The links aren't much but I'm working on it. Thanks for introducing me to Medstudentz.com.

farahrozhan said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Hope you weren't traumatised again by Cantsay Specific Airlines.

The Little Medic said...

Good luck with your flight back hopefully you won't get covered in wee this time.

Mother Jones RN said...

Happy New Year. I hope you made it home in one piece.

Mama Jones :-)

medstudentitis said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

happy new year. buy the hat.

The Angry Medic said...

Thanks for the New Year wishes, guys. I've left return wishes on all your blogs.

Dan: GET OVER THE HAT, man. Walking around in a raccoon-skin hat and a trenchcoat brandishing an AK-47 and singing Soviet patriotic songs is NOT good for your health. Take it from me.