Sunday, December 03, 2006

And The HospitalPhoenix Shall Rise Again

My friend and fellow blogger HospitalPhoenix has been having a hard time.

Recently his grandmother passed away, and less than 24 hours later, he was let go by his department in the hospital.

The irony is that in Dr Crippen's inaugural medblog round-up the BritMeds, he commented on HospitalPhoenix's safe hospital job as compared to Dr Crippen's own vote-dependent job, which I wrote about in my previous post.

This is a rough time for HospitalPhoenix, who is a good conscientious doctor working for a health system flawed in many ways. Plus HospitalPhoenix's blog is new, and I hope that this turn of events doesn't induce him to stop blogging. So many healthcare bloggers have been lost due to workplace events. Angry NHS Doctor (the second link in my list of doctor blogs) is only one of them.

But such is life. In the medical profession, as in almost every other profession out there, you see good honest workers getting screwed over by jealous people trying to cover their asses.

HospitalPhoenix, however, has an advantage. He is named after a mythical bird known for rising from the ashes when it dies. And I have no doubt that, like his namesake, this blogger will rise from the ashes once again. It's not so easy to make a truly dedicated, passionate doctor go away.

I ask those of you with the time to go over to HospitalPhoenix's blog and express your support for him in this difficult period.

So sayeth the shepherd…so sayeth the flock…and then there was
light that was stolen by dim drunken despair…I have the fear again…

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sit vis vobiscum, HospitalPhoenix.



Sorry, I just think quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Translation for above: Sorry, I just think anything said in Latin sounds profound.

I couldn't resist after finding a site with lots of latin-english phrases.

Phoenix said...

Wow, thanks Angry!

I didn't want to mention too much in my own blog which would make me identifiable, but I've been working in an old style academic job, where although my clinical work is paid by the NHS, my contract is not NHS, and I am therefore disposable.

The Angry Medic said...

HospitalPhoenix: I see...so you work for the NHS, but without any of the actual job security that the NHS provides? AND you were kicked out in favour of younger idiots who don't have nearly the amount of experience you do?

Well done, Patsy Dimwitt, well done.

Glad to see you're feeling better though.

Jason: Getting a little sobria inebrietas on those latin terms aren'tcha? ;)

Sona si latine loqueris!

Gregory House, PA-C said...

You were tagged by me. Sorry...

Anonymous said...

latin is mind boggling.

parlez vous francais?

but its a really nice gesture on your part to show some caring. which is why in reference to one ( or two ) of ur previous blogs, i really cant see why they started getting irritated with you. you're pretty nice for an a.s.s. uh...oops, i mean ur nice a.s. you are.

lets NOT call it a freudian slip :)

Garth Marenghi said...

dear blog,
just wondered if you could write a quick piece with link for my petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Privatisation/

any help would be much appreciated,

howling said...

Stultorum calami carbones moenia chartae.

Grafitti is the work of idiots but it looks quite cool in Latin.

Glad that HospitalPhoenix is okey now.

:(

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your friend A.M.

The Angry Medic said...

Dr Wannabe: NOOOOO...heh. thanks. am off abroad til Sunday though, so I hope it can wait til then :P

Chrysalis: Aww, thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to know someone cares. I'm glad he's doing better though.

Anonymous said...

hey, tt's the picture of jean grey and the phoenix rising, from the x-men comics.

=)

The Angry Medic said...

Smart Anonymous!

Then again, you'd have to be, seeing as how your posts crop up everywhere else on the internet.

Someday I'll find out who you are, Anonymous!

*shakes fist*

Dex said...

CENTURION: 'Go home'? This is motion towards. Isn't it, boy?

BRIAN: Ah. Ah, dative, sir! Ahh! No, not dative! Not the dative, sir! No! Ah! Oh, the... accusative! Accusative! Ah! 'Domum', sir! 'Ad domum'! Ah! Oooh! Ah!

CENTURION: Except that 'domus' takes the...?

BRIAN: The locative, sir!

CENTURION: Which is...?!

BRIAN: 'Domum'.

CENTURION: Now, write it out a hundred times.

BRIAN: Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.

CENTURION: Hail Caesar. If it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off.

BRIAN: Oh, thank you, sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar and everything, sir!

Anonymous said...

Hey, the link for Phoenix leads you to a Virused landing site. It has a torjan downloader in it.

The Angry Medic said...

Oh really? Whoops. Must be because the spambots have eaten up HospitalPhoenix's site after his disappearance. Thanks for the heads-up.