Thursday, November 30, 2006

'Tis The Season For Blog Carnivals

Look ma, Grand Rounds!

Yes folks, it's that time of week again for Grand Rounds. (Actually it's a bit late--Grand Rounds is published on a Tuesday. But I've been, uhm, extremely busy. Yeah, that's it. Celebrating the end of term takes a lot of energy, you know. --Editor) In case you missed last week's description of what Grand Rounds is, (which I shamelessly ripped off Doctor Anonymous's edition of Grand Rounds; thanks Doc A! --Ed) it's "an accumulation of the best posts from medical blogs all over the Internet. Its original intent was to be written with the non-medical blogger in mind (this means you). After all, who isn't interested in medical topics?"

This week's Grand Rounds is up at Notes from Dr RW. Dr R.W. Donnell, a physician from Northern Arkansas in the good ol' and very distant US of A, has prepared an eclectic mix of posts for every type of reader. You'll find something to entertain you no matter what sort of person you are. Unfortunately I have to disappoint my many legions of fans (all 2.5 of you--I've lost half a reader since my posts became boring last week --Ed) by not sending in any submissions due to suffering from erectile overactivity on stage all last week.

Next week's Grand Rounds is due to appear at The Antidote. Get scribbling, folks.

But wait! That's not all! If you continue reading this post in the next 15 seconds, you'll get another newly-started blog carnival--absolutely FREE!


The good doctor over at NHS Blog Doctor has done it again. Fuelled by patriotism, a celebratory mood as his blog's first anniversary approaches, and a desire to expose more British medical writing, Dr Crippen has started his own weekly blog round-up called The BritMeds. He has been generous enough to mention me both in the post announcing The BritMeds as well as the first edition:
Then the Angry Medic (a student) seems to think you can get anything you want from a nurse by giving her a chocolate biscuit. Let us hope the Center for Nursing Advocacy do not find out about him!
I hope not. I have no intention of getting beaten up by a bunch of angry nurses anytime soon. Let's leave that for clinical school.

Not the best way to die.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are worse ways to go than to be beaten to death by nurses, you know.

Dr. A said...

You can shamelessly rip off anything I say! I just checked out BritMeds (following your recommendation) and I liked what I read. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, if you need me to tag you, then so be it - You're tagged! Now, post your favorite Christmas songs and share the love by tagging five others. HA!

Mother Jones RN said...

Hip-hip-hooray for BritMeds! I just check it out. Thanks for passing on the information.

I've never beaten a patient to death, but sometimes I think about acting on that impulse.

MJ

Dan said...

in response to the chocolate biscuit comment (isn't it really a cookie?):

C is for Cookie

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me (3X)
Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me (4X)
Oh, cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me, yeah!
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me (2X)
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me, yeah!
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me, oh boy!
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um-um . . .

The Angry Medic said...

Anonymous: I know! You could, oh, get into medical school, for one :)

Dr A: Heh. Thanks for the creative license :) you know I'll always link back to you anyway. And I've been Memed! Argh! *digs out old Christmas CDs*

Momma Jones: You're more than welcome. Glad the post was useful to someone. I'm sure you'll be a regular feature on BritMeds...our Dr Crippen is fond of Nurse Ratcheds ;) And who doesn't have that impulse from time to time? Mine are usually directed at my fellow students though :P

Dan: Uhm.

Yes.

Riiiight....

*backs away slowly*

Anonymous said...

heh. like that last picture. the nurse actually looks as nasty as some of the ones here. pixels and all :)

Spirit of 1976 said...

Unbelievable! Dr Crippen completely ignored my blog when he did his blog roundup! That's it, I'm off to sulk.

The Angry Medic said...

Awww...there there Spirit. It's an ongoing blog round-up, so he needs to pace himself. I'm sure he's saving the best for last (or later, in this case) :)

Nursie want a biscuit? ;)

medstudentitis said...

I love that cartoon.